Join our Facebook page by clicking here!
H.R. 6570 - Consolidate certain CBO reporting requirements
- Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,
SECTION 1. CONSOLIDATION OF CERTAIN CBO REPORTING REQUIREMENTS RELATING TO ARRA AND TARP.
- (a) ARRA-Related Reports-
- (1) IN GENERAL- Section 1512(e) of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (Public Law 111-5; 123 Stat. 288) is amended by amending the second sentence to read as follows: `Such comments on all reports for calendar quarters in a year shall be due 45 days after the report for the last calendar quarter of the year is submitted.'.
- (2) EFFECTIVE DATE- The amendment made by paragraph (1) shall apply to comments on reports submitted on or after October 1, 2012.
- (3) REPEALER- Effective on January 1, 2016, section 1512(e) of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 is repealed.
- (b) TARP-Related Reports-
- (1) IN GENERAL- Section 202 of the Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008 (12 U.S.C. 5252) is amended--
- (A) in subsection (a), by striking `semiannually' and inserting `annually'; and
- (B) by adding at the end the following new subsection:
- `(e) Sunset- Notwithstanding the previous provisions of this section, the reporting and comment requirements under this section shall terminate with the annual period on the last day of which all troubled assets acquired by the Secretary under section 101 have been sold or transferred out of the ownership or control of the Federal Government.'.
- (2) EFFECTIVE DATE- The amendments made by this subsection shall take effect the first day after the date of enactment of this Act.
Join the conversation and post your thoughts in the comments! Read the 1461 Comment Guidelines.
1461 is now being read by over 1,000,000 People and growing everyday!
Help the 1461 continue to Grow and spread the truth - invite your friends and family to join the 1461 and learn the truth rather than BS! Join our Facebook page by clicking here!