- Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,
SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.
- This Act may be cited as the `Reducing Flight Delays Act of 2013'.
- (a) In General- Notwithstanding division G of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2013 (Public Law 113-6), any other provision of law, or a sequestration order issued or to be issued by the President pursuant to section 251A(7)(A) of the Balanced Budget and Emergency Deficit Control Act of 1985 (2 U.S.C. 901a(7)(A)), the Secretary of Transportation may transfer during fiscal year 2013 an amount equal to the amount specified in subsection (c) to the appropriations accounts providing for the operations of the Federal Aviation Administration, for any activity or activities funded by that account, from--
- (1) the amount made available for obligation in that fiscal year as discretionary grants-in-aid for airports pursuant to section 47117(f) of title 49, United States Code; or
- (2) any other program or account of the Federal Aviation Administration.
- (b) Availability and Obligation of Transferred Amounts- An amount transferred under subsection (a)(1) shall--
- (1) be available immediately for obligation and expenditure as directly appropriated budget authority; and
- (2) be deemed as obligated for grants-in-aid for airports under part B of subtitle VII of title 49, United States Code, for purposes of complying with the limitation on incurring obligations during that fiscal year under the heading `Grants-in-Aid for Airports' under title I of the Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2012 (division C of Public Law 112-55; 125 Stat. 647), and made applicable to fiscal year 2013 by division F of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2013 (Public Law 113-6).
- (c) Amount Specified- The amount specified in this subsection is the amount, not to exceed $253,000,000, that the Secretary of Transportation determines to be necessary to prevent reduced operations and staffing of the Federal Aviation Administration during fiscal year 2013 to ensure a safe and efficient air transportation system; and provided that none of the funds transferred under this subsection may be obligated unless the Secretary notifies the Committees on Appropriations of the House of Representatives and the Senate at least 5 days in advance of such transfer.
Join the conversation and post your thoughts in the comments! Read the 1461 Comment Guidelines.
1461 is read by over 1.2 Million People and growing Daily! Help the 1461 continue to Grow and spread the truth - invite your friends and family to join the 1461 and learn the truth rather than BS!
Join our Facebook page by clicking here!